Imperial Fists

Hi there fellow Addicts!

Today I wanted to talk a bit about my plans for my planned 30k Imperial Fists Army. As mentioned in my first post I plan on building the army around two Betrayal at Calth boxes and one Burning of Prospero


To expand on my plans I'll give a quick rundown of what I will get from each box and plans for them:

Betrayal at Calth Box 1 

30 Mk4 Marines - All armed with Bolters.

5 Cataphractii Terminators - Armed with Combi Bolters and Power Fists (Sergeant armed with Power Sword).

Contemptor Dreadnought - Lascannon and Power Fist.

1 Captain in Cataphractii Terminator armour - Armed with Thunder Hammer and Vigil pattern storm shield. This is a conversion from the boxed captain. 

1 Vexilla - Plasma Pistol and Standard. This is a conversion from the Dark Apostle. 

Betrayal at Calth Box 2

5 Mk4 Marines - Heavy Bolters.

5 Mk4 Marines - Missile Launchers.

5 Mk4 Marines - Flamers.

5 Mk4 Marines - Melta Guns.

5 Mk4 Marines - Plasma Guns.

5 Mk4 Marines -  With Combi Weapons. Probably a mix of 2 Combi Plasma, 2 Combi Meltas and a Combi Flamer.

5 Cataphractii Terminators - Armed with Combi Bolters and Power Fists. Sergeant armed with Power Sword. 1 Armed with Heavy Flamer and one armed with a Reaper Autocannon.

Contemptor Dreadnought - Lascannon and Power Fist.

I'm not sure what i'm going to be doing with the characters from this box set, any ideas gratefully received!

Burning Of Prospero

10 Mk 3 Marines - Boarding Shield and Bolter, 2 armed with either Lascutters or Graviton Guns. 

20 Mk 3 Marines - Bolt Pistol and Chainsword and Jump Packs.

5 Tartaros Terminators - All with Lightning claws.

5 Legio Custodes - Armed with, well I'm not sure, classically depicted with Guardian spears, but look very cool with Sword and Shield.

5 Sisters Of Silence - These also I'm not sure how to arm them as of yet, need to have a look at the rules I suppose.

The two characters that come from this box set are heavily decorated for their specific Legion, so Gregor will be painted up as a Space Wolf to go on a shelf and look good, and Ahriman has been gifted to my housemate who plays Chaos Space Marines.

As you can see there is already 1 small purchase from Forge World of the Boarding Shields, on top of that I would like to pick up a Etched Brass sheet, a Transfer sheet, one of my favorite characters from the Forge World Character range Alexis Polux. I'm also considering some of the vehicle's range like Land Raiders, Predators and even some of the Super Heavies like the Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer, and even possibly a Knight.

These are the things that are planned for and I have been thinking about either a unit of Legion Phalanx Warder squad or a Templar Brethren squad, anyone have an opinion?

Soon I'm planning on showing my recipe for painting the guys in yellow, so I hope you'll all keep following for that one!

See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you're yellow scheme comes out, it's such a difficult colour to get "just right", a step by step guide would be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painting guide is scheduled for the 1st Sunday in Febuary, alowing for pictures being made up.

      Delete

Post a Comment