A Beginning

I've always been told that every story needs a beginning.

So here is my beginning.......

I'm an avid collector of miniature soldiers, I mainly play two systems with these "Toy Soldiers", Warhammer Age Of Sigmar and Warhammer 40k.

This year I'm starting a new army (Imperial Fists) for the Horus Heresy supplement to 40k. Mainly based around two Betrayal at Calth sets, a Burning of Prospero, and few "goodies" from forge world if the budget will stretch that far. I've painted my test model that I am mostly happy with, but that is for another post!...

My other planned project for this year is an Armies on Parade board for mid October. I know it's an age away, but I don't want to panic last minute like I did last year (2016).



I placed 5th in my local store, and was very happy with that. I was up against some stiff competition (If you want to have a look, head over to Warhammer Liverpool's Facebook page). This year, though though a mix of better painting and a more exciting board I hope place in the top three and get a shiny medal!!

So on to the plan.............



In 2016 I built and painted a squad of Bloodletters and a Khorne Daemon Prince as part of a promotion for the "Season Of War" event held in Games Workshop locations across the world.




So a plan was hatched, I would do a Daemons Army...

But how would I display them? I thought long and hard, finally deciding I would show where the realms of Khorne and Nurgle met. With lava and skulls on one half of the board, and the horror of Nurgle's garden in the other half.

So I hope you will join me for regular, updates of my build, and painting progress. Interspaced with occasional "This is how I painted this", tales of mighty battles, and an odd funny story or two!

See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict.

Comments

  1. Great job getting started, look forward to more articles 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment