Khorne Daemons Paint Job

So as you may have seen from my first post I've painted some Khorne daemons. This was started off during last summers "Season Of War" event held by Games Workshop. These will eventually be part of my 2017 armies on parade board. I thought I would share my method of painting my Khorne daemons.

So here we go......




So I started with the thought that I didn't want to do the traditional blood red that is often seen with the armies of Khorne. I decided I wanted a more fiery look for them. With this in mind, I decided to start off with a yellow and build up from there......

Step 1

Build and prime the model. I used the Chaos Black spray from Games Workshop.

INSERT PIC OF PRIMED MODEL

Step 2

Give the model a few light coats of yellow using the Averland Sunset from Games Workshop's base range.

INSERT PIC OF YELLOW MODEL

Step 3

Dry brush of Yriel Yellow from Games Workshops layer range.

INSERT PIC OF DRY BRUSHED MODEL

Step 4

A quick dry brush of Fire Dragon Bright from Games Workshop's layer range.

INSERT PIC OF DRY BRUSHED ORANGE

Step 5

Wash with Carroburg Crimson from Games Workshops shade range.

INSERT PIC OF WASHED MODEL

Step 6

The final layer for the flesh is a glaze of Bloodletter Red from Games Workshops glaze range.

INSERT PIC OF GLAZED MODEL


Step 7

Now we have finished the flesh for the daemons, it's time to move on to the bone detail. I start with a layer of Ushabti Bone.

CLOSE UP OF BONE SECTION

Step 8

Now for the final touch on the bone. Wash down with Agrax Earthshade from Games Workshops shade range.

INSERT PIC OF FINAL BONE

Step 9

On to the final stretch, blade and tongue next. We start off with a coat of Warboss Green from Games Workshops layer range.

INSERT PIC OF GREN ON BLADE

Step 10

Dry brush of Warpstone Green from the Games Workshop layer range. This just highlights the edges.

INSERT DRY BRUSHED GREEN

Step 11

Give the blade and tongue a coat of 'Ard Coat from the Games Workshops technical range. This is a gloss giving the blade a nice shine.

INSERT PIC OF  FINAL BALDE

So that's the full run down of the my Khorne paint scheme. Hoping you enjoyed it! Here's a pic of the full model!

INSERT FINISHD MINI

See you all next time from the Table of a Plastic Addict!

Comments