A new start, with March To War ...

As you all know its been a little while since my last post. Hopefully this is the start of a new wave of posts that should keep us going through the year to come.








I decided that I was going to join in on March To War 2019. For those not in the know March To War is a challenge that some Warhammer Stores (or Games Workshop store, if you local hasn't been updated) run, where you are challenged to build and paint a force with a points value equal to or greater than the year that you are participating in (so this year 2019 points). My idea for this started off with Forgebane (the box set from last March), I planned an Adeptus Mechanicus force with some Armiger Warglaives.




Then shortly after this release Games Workshop (knowing my weakness for box sets that are FANTASTIC savings) launched the Imperial Knights Renegade box set. Two Knights and scenery, how could I say no? So the March to War plan morphed into a Knight household.



So far I have two Knights and two Warglaives, what else would be needed to make up my 2019 points? I decided I wanted two Armiger Helverins, and a third Knight. I received from my housemate the two Helverins as a Christmas gift, leaving me with a decision on what Knight I wanted to make up the points. After much hemming and hawing (by which I mean 2 minutes of looking at boxes), I decided the box with the most "value" to me would be the Knight Preceptor, as it has the kits for all of the knight variants, and is the same price point as the Crusader box.



I'll be picking up the Knight Preceptor this month with most of my Christmas money (Thanks to all my family who gave generously to the Knight fund this year, as well as all of my other lovely presents, more on this later). 





I intend on trying to magnetise the Knight weapon options. For this I will be following a guide, links to that on a later blog, along with photos and updates!

Next I needed to decide on paint scheme, again more on this in a later, but to give you an idea of colours I recently saw a video from OPN on Youtube and fell in love with the Turbo Dork People Eater, so a special thank you to my mum for ordering me 60ml of it!

That is all for now. Looking forward to getting more posts and working on my Imperial Knights army!


See you all next time, from the table of a Plastic Addict!



Comments