Grombrindal the White Dwarf

Grombrindal the White Dwarf, roughly translated as "the white bearded ancestor". Some say he is none other than Snorri Whitebeard the Dwarf king of Karaz-a-Karak, if this is true he has lived ages longer than another other Dwarf. The saga of Grombrindal says he wondered the edge mountains disguised as an old prospector, covered in a large mantle. Always willing to accept a drink of fine Dwarven ale, and will repay the gift with a prophecy. On many occasions there will be seen a solitary dwarf in the camp of the Dwarven forces on the eve of a great battle. The next day the White Dwarf will make his appearance clad in the finest of Dwarven armours, like a legendary ancient king.


The White dwarf has a few different models over the years, and I have owned a few. As I'm sure you'll have all noticed there was a new one released to celebrate the 40th anniversary of White Dwarf the magazine (an issue I would advise picking up, if only so you can follow the timeline back to the first WD that you remember buying).

It was my birthday last week and my little grot bought me the White Dwarf as a birthday gift, so I quickly want to talk about my plans for him. First off he comes with two bases: one 25mm and one 50mm, with a detailed plate to sit upon each. I couldn't decide what size I wanted to use so decided that I would magnetise the White Dwarf so I could swap him from one to the other. I have looked though my magnets, and have chosen to put a large 5mm by 1mm under the base, and a rectangular 3mm x 2mm x 1mm in to the foot of the Dwarf.









From here I need to decide how I plan to paint him. I hope to replicate the 'official' paint scheme on the cake and gifts. My main dilemma stands with how to paint the armour on the the White Dwarf, I am split between painting him as an Imperial Fist (as my current Space Marine army), a Space Wolf (come on, what other space marines grow such great beards!), or a Blood Angel (making him look like Santa Clause).

Anyone have any other ideas? Or an opinion?

That's all for this week. See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict!

Comments