The Case of the Vanishing Bagpiper

This is going to be an odd one..

As stated in my first blog post I'm going to make an Armies on Parade board for mid-October. Also, as stated I'm planning on doing a Nurgle and Khorne theme.

So I'm putting together my first batch of Nurgle Plague Bearers (which I got with my Start Collecting Nurgle Daemons), and a thought creeps down out of my brain. I remember I saw somewhere a Plague Bearer Musician with Bagpipes and think to myself 'that would be cool'. 

I start by looking up on Google "Plague Bearer with Bagpipes". Not finding the picture to match the one in my head, as you do, I try adding words and taking words away from my Google search and still nothing. I ask around in Facebook groups if anyone else remembers this model and end up with many responses saying 'that would be cool', or 'you could make the air bag a stomach' and other super ideas, still no one remembers this damned model so I'm left thinking I've had an original idea.

So how to do it??
So the plan......

Build a Plague Bearer with Bagpipes (Using this picture as reference)



  • Build Plague Bearer body as standard
  • Use the pipes out of the kit as the drones from the bagpipe
  • Make a chanter
  • Make a blowpipe
  • Make the bag out of Green Stuff 
So the easy bit, build the body:


Next up I decided that the bag should be done so placement could be worked out, while here I made the chanter and drones from the pipes that came with the kit. Also added the arm so that its in the right place to go with the chanter.




Final model pictures, some little cleaning up to do, but happy with the final model.









So that was that! I'm very happy with how it all came out in the end. Hope you all found this fun to read!

See you all next time from the Table of a Plastic Addict!

Comments