So Christmas happened recently......

I imagine that most of you know that Christmas happened recently, I also imagine you know the tradition of giving gifts is a fairly common thread through the Christmas season. I was lucky enough to receive gifts this year. On top of this I was lucky enough to spend my time with people I enjoy spending time with.

To be completely honest I received ALOT of wonderful gifts from friends and family, I got new brushes from one friend (Army Painter most wanted set), Dr Who slippers and dressing gown, Marvel and DC encyclopedias, chocolate(lots of chocolate, these gifts were enjoyed a lot and there was much sadness when they ran out).Now I come to the crux of my post today.....



A compressor and 2 airbrushes!

Those of you who know me, will know that it is a thing I've been toying with the idea of getting one for the longest time. I have spent a lot of time researching, watching videos over on Youtube, reading hints and tips pages. Now is the time to put all I have learnt into action.

So I ordered a black airbrush primer(Vallejo Acrylic Polyurethane surface primer) and Airbrush Cleaner(Again from Vallejo) from amazon. As seen in one of my previous posts there is a ton of Skaven sat here ready for Priming, along with 1 box worth of Betrayal at Calth and Prospero Burns.

Here is a quick Pick of the Compressor and Airbrushes (Not much to see, but I'm very excited)




So as well the research I've done online I am lucky enough to have a friend who is experienced in using an airbrush. So I popped round to his studio this week and had a chat and showed me the basics. From this chat I learned that the default pressure(At least on my compressor) is far too high, so I had to reduce that(from about 40 PSI down to 20PSI). How to clean the airbrush and what all the parts are.

I'm looking forward to getting lots done now that I can prime with out waiting for a decent day, that isn't too cold, or humid.

I'm happy I've made a start and it slightly changes the way i'm painting my Imperial Fists, but only in how in applying washes and glazes.



So any hints or tips from you guys out there? Anything I should try with my new toys? Looking forward to hearing from you all!

See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict.

Comments