A slower week than last

This week has been quite sedate in comparison to last week. I've done a small amount of painting, played a demo game, and went to my local store for a small event.




So as usual I went in to my local Warhammer store this week and as usual I took some painting in to do. As I arrived and started to unpack ready to paint there was another customer in store who was asking about Silver Tower, and one of the staff (shout out to George!) said they could do a quick demo game with him. As some of you will know I've been interested in trying out Silver Tower but never got round to trying in store, or with anyone else who's managed to pick up a copy. So I said something along the lines of "Oh! Can I join in?", had a look at the characters and decided I fancied playing the Fyreslayer Doomseeker.


This diminutive little fellow has 2 weapons, one that does D3 damage and another that does 1 damage. So we played the first "Mission" from the campaign and I really enjoyed it. The game flowed nicely, there was a challenge without being too difficult. Having a play has definitely added it to my long term would-like-from-GW list. There's a huge number of models, that are wonderfully sculpted and overall it's something that I feel shows the current drive from GW to make accessible, well priced, and most of all fun games to play! Looking forward to trying Shadows over Hammerhel next!

As a side note I also managed to get some painting done! I painted 30 bolters. There was some funny looks from my house mates in regards to these bolters as they are currently stuck to toothpicks.



To explain, I wanted to paint these away from my marines so I could paint my marines chests with out messing about too much, plus painting silver/red near that yellow just seems like a seriously BAD idea. A quick rundown about how I managed to paint these: well first up prime, them using the airbrush I put down a coat of the Leadbelcher air, then painted in the red with Khorne red base.

Also this week there was an event on at Warhammer-Liverpool, 700 point armies so I decided that I would go down and have a go, so I knocked together a list that should both be competitive, and fun to play. I took with me:

Chaplain with Jump Pack and Melta Bombs



Assault Squad, with Jump Packs, sergeant armed with two Lightning Claws



Tactical Squad Alpha, 5 man squad with Plasma Gun, sergeant armed with Combi-Plasma and Power Fist



Tactical squad Beta, 5 man squad with Heavy Bolter, sergeant armed with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword



Tactical Squad Gamma, 5 man squad with Grav Gun, sergeant armed with Grav Pistol and Chainsword



Devastator Squad, all armed with Missile Launchers and Flakk missiles, sergeant armed with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword



This gave me a demi company so I could access the Tactical Doctrine even though I was using Iron Hands chapter tactics!

So I played 3 games each game with 4 objectives, and each objective worth 2 points per turn.

My first game was played against a gentleman I have chatted to before called Mike from over at Brush and Boltgun. I got mullered by Mike's Flesh Tearers losing a resounding 20-4.

My second game was played against a gent I had not met before called Paul. He brought Dark Angels to the mix and was super unlucky with his deep-striking Terminators. Because of this I won 26-6.

My third game was against a gent I see quite often in store call Ste (AKA Sci-Fi) it was a close game between the two of us with Ste using a mixed Eldar army with the Visarch leading them. Finishing with a minor victory to me at 14-12.

Much fun was had, and I look forward to the next time I get to head into the store for a few games.

So what's everyone else been up to? Been busy? Played any Silver Tower, what do you think about it? Looking forward to hearing from you all!

See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict.

Comments