The New Starter Box

This is all based on the current rumours regarding what is in the next Starter Box.





For those of you who have missed the rumours for the starter box here is a brief overview. For starters these are all rumours, there is no confirmation from Games Workshop themselves regarding the veracity of the below statements.

The new starter set goes live 17th June and is going to be Ultramarines vs Death Guard, priced at $120 (for us in the UK I'm assuming this is going to be about £75 to match the AoS boxset). Loyalists will get two Tactical Squads, one Devastator Squad, one Assault Squad, one Captain and a Librarian. Chaos will get a squad of Cultists, Terminators, Plague Marines, Drones and a Lord.

As well as the models themselves expect a soft-cover rulebook, a campaign book, dice and rulers. The campaign book is said to contain rules and stat lines for all models contained in the box set and a small escalation campaign.

I am hoping that the Marines in the box although listed as "Ultramarines" will be without molded Ultramarine symbology. With Dark Vengeance I felt Games Workshop had made a bad decision to make the Marines explicitly and unavoidably Dark Angels as it made the box set less appealing to me and others like me who don't collect Dark Angels (and let's face it, who would collect those traitors?).

For the chaos side, I am assuming the Plague Marines will be the new models shown off a few months ago. My big question for the Chaos half of the box is what are the "Drones", there are two options that I can currently think of either Plague Drones with some sort of Chaos Marine rider or a new plastic version of the Forge World Blight Drone.

As things currently stand I am planning on splitting the box set with my housemate, who is an avid Chaos Space Marine player. As an expansion to my hope that the Loyalist part of the box set will be "unmarked", I plan on starting to paint another Chapter of Space Marines, currently considering Black Dragons as this would allow me plenty of scope for conversions.

So that's all for this week. See you all next time from the Table of a Plastic Addict!

Comments