Pilgrimage to the Holy Land... of Warhammer World [LOTS of pics]

So this week was a little slow..... if you count a trip to Warhammer World Nottingham as slow!





First, for those who have not been lucky enough to get to the dreamscape that is Warhammer World in Nottingham, I would advise trying to make the journey. It's a place filled with all the hobby goodness you'll ever need, and there is some damn nice food!

A friend of mine asked last week if we wanted to head down and have a last game of 7th edition 40k. I thought it sounded like a wonderful way to see off the old edition as it's been about a year and a half since I last visited. So we planned a 1750 point game and Marc was able to get the Zone Mortalis board. We arrived a little after midday, after a two and a bit hour drive. As it was lunch time the first thing we did was popped in to Bugmans Bar, where I had the Grimwrath Berzerker burger (a burger with peppercorn sauce) with chips. I must admit that I was sorely tested when I saw the Ogre Burger Challenge: 24oz of Burger topped with pulled beef and mozzarella cheese served with 12 onion rings (I have a notoriously large appetite) but decided against it, even with the offer of a certificate, to save money for my visit to the Forge World store. Having enjoyed the burger and a drink (if you are of legal drinking age and like ales I'd advise trying the Bugmans XXXXXX).

So we went and found the board that had been booked, and started to prepare for war! I had taken a force of Space Marines using Iron Hands chapter tactics, and Marc had brought a combined Inquisition force with a Ordos Xenos inquisitor, Ordos Hereticus inquisitor, a squad of Deathwatch and a Dreadnought, a Squad of Grey Knight terminators,a Eversor Assassin backed up by 2 squads of Acolytes, a squad of Arco Flagellants, a Crusader Squad, and finally a squad of Legion of the Damned. We decided we could roll to see the mission we played and promptly rolled a one (a sign of things to come), meaning we would play Crusade, giving us 2+D3 objectives (we rolled for an extra two objectives) with secondary objectives of Slay the Warlord, First Blood, and Linebreaker.





The game was well fought, with Marc coming out on top after seven turns with 5Vp to 4 VP, Marc got Linebreaker, Slay the Warlord and was holding an objective. I managed to get First Blood and an objective . We both had some bad luck with plasma guns, losing at least 2 guys each to overheating plasma shots.

Started off taking pics each turn, but managed to fall into the trap of OMG having funs! So instead here's a few 'action' shots!










One of my favourite shots (Sorry Marc), there had been an assassin here a moment ago  trying to eat my Tactical Squad... My Dreadnought ate him instead.




After finishing our game and packing up our models it had hit about 5 and we had yet to visit the shops and the Exhibition centre. A plan was formed (we found out Wednesday is late night opening so they stay open till 10) we would hit the Exhibition, and I grabbed some cracking photos. Here's a selection of my favorites:




























Finally we got to the end of our trip, had a walk around the GW shop and Black Library ending up in the Forge World shop. I had a browse and settled upon a pack of Phaistos pattern Heavy Flamers, a Sicaran Battle Tank and a Deimos Vindicator Laser Destroyer for my expanding Imperial Fists Army. The washing has started and I'll be back with more about these kits another time!

So who else has been to WHW? Did you enjoy it? Planing on going again (and can I come with)?

That's all for this week. See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict!

Comments