Getting on with the colours!

A little less grey and a lot more colour!



As you may have guessed this post is all about getting some colour on my Armies on Parade board.

I started off as I did with my Lava Base tutorial with Khorne Red. However instead of painting in the red I used my airbrush.


As you can see this gave a nice solid coat of red to work from. Next up the orange was used through my airbrush, unlike the lava base tutorial I used Troll Slayer Orange as Games Workshop don't do Fire Dragon Bright in their air range (and I am yet to have the confidence to try and make a normal paint thin enough to get through the airbrush). Also by putting my orange though the airbrush I feel like I have gained a nicer blend between the red and orange.


Next using a roughly torn sponge I've dabbed Yriel Yellow into the centres of the larger pools of orange.


The final bit that I have managed to get done for the board is the White Scar, done with a smaller sponge than the yellow step. leaving areas of the yellow visable.


The board itself is basically done for the time being, until I get more of the miniatures finished and in place as until I see it properly together I can't decide if I need more highlights of shading any where. 

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!

See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict!

Comments