A new Horus Heresy box, you say?

So the 2nd edition of the Horus Heresy is upon us!




 Unless you've been living under a rock you know there's a box set set coming, and in that box is some exciting stuff!


So in just one week (from the date this post will go up I hope!). Games Workshop will of released the awesome 2nd edition of the Horus Heresy and this time with LOTS of plastic minis. Including plastic special and heavy weapons (only one of three packs that where shown off at Warhammer Fest have been released, so more coming!). A re-pack of mark 3 and mark 4 to be in the massive 20 man squads, at a discount to boot! I hope we see more of the resin Forge World kits bought across in to plastic to join the plastic Deimos Pattern Rhino, Spartan Assault Tank (Only in the big box for the time being!) and the coming soon Sicarian Battle tank and Leviathan Dreadnought!

I'm sure that most people will have seen the contents of the box and the people who where lucky enough to get a preview copy doing unboxing so I'll make this bit quick! The box contains:

1 Spartan Assault Tank
10 Cataphractii Terminators
40 Mk 6 Tactical Marines
1 Contemptor Dreadnought (with loads of weapons options!)
1 Praetor with Power Sword
1 Praetor with Power Axe

Along with a MASSIVE rule book, 2 quick reference sheets, blast templates, dice, and the old range rulers (also known as whippy sticks, at least locally!).

I'm sure that people won't be surprised that I plan on painting these as Imperial Fists, I hope to be doing a painting guide with some of these minis in the near future.

The new box has spurred me in to action and I decided to go though my collection of marines and see what I have that is compatible with 30k, finding that I have a fair chunk of stuff! 
A good mix of heavy and special weapons, 43 marines with bolters (not sure how I've ended up with an odd number here!), a selection of Tartaros and Cataphractii terminators, 2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts, 3 Castraferrum Dreadnoughts (That I think I can use in 30k), a Sicarian, a Laser Destroyer and several Characters (including the amazing looking Fafnir Rann) that I can use for different Consul types. Also I realise I can use my Knights, once they get rules. Looking forward to that!

I can't wait for my copy to arrive! How is every one else feeling about the new box? Are you as excited me? Let me know!

Stay tuned for up coming blog posts, covering Necromunda, Horus Heresy, 40k, Blood Bowl and some Age of Sigmar.

So that's it for this week! See you next time from the table of a Plastic Addict!

Comments